Secrets of the Code
Author(s): Daniel Burstein
See other record. Secrets of the Code: The Unauthorised Guide to the Mysteries Behind the Da Vinci Code is the definitive guide to the novel and provides the curious reader with an authoritative sweeping tour, guided by renowned experts, through the many provovative ideas raised in the novel.
How to satisfy the endless hunger among the millions of readers caught up in the Da Vinci Code mania? Secrets of the Code: The Unauthorised Guide to the Mysteries of the Da Vinci Code is the most comprehensive, literate guide available for interpreting the intellectual intricacies of Dan Brown's bestselling novel.
This unprecedented volume provides a wealth of fresh insight from the world's most respected authorities on the novel's controversial historical, religious, artistic and scientific themes. Interviews and commentary from renowned scientists, theologians, archeologists, philosophers, historians and art historians address such provocative topics as:
- What was the true identity of Mary Magdalene? Was Mary Magdalene a disciple of Jesus and did she write her own gospel?
- Was Jesus married to Mary Magdalene? Did they have a child together?
- In the late 1960s, the Church publicly reversed its 1,400-year-old-position that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, but this revised history was never effectively communicated to the public. Has there been a 'cover-up' of the role of the women in church history?
- Did some geniuses of art and science - like Leonardo Da Vinci and Isaac Newton - belong to secret societies that had the most compelling 'insider information' in history? Did Leonardo convey some of the ideas in The Last Supper and other paintings?
Packed with excerpts from many original works, all-new material, and interviews with prominent scholars, Secrets of the Code will satisfy readers' curiosity, engage their imagination, and provide them with insights to better understand the multi-facted mysteries, secret codes, and messages embedded in the novel.
The Da Vinci Code has captivated the imagination of millions of readers, who want to know what is fact and what is fiction.
'The 380-pager is far easier to store in one's library than the numerous books, websites ans magazine and newspaper articles and ancient texts on which it draws.' -- Michael Brown YORKSHIRE POST MAGAZINE (28.8.04)
Dan Burstein is an award-winning journalist and best-selling author of six prior books on subjects ranging from China and Japan to the digital technology revolution. He is currently developing books on the future of the Internet, blogs and blogging, and nanotechnology. He is founder of Millennium Technology Ventures, a New York-based venture capital form that invests in innovative companies.
- : 9780297848219
- : Orion Publishing Group, Limited
- : Weidenfeld and Nicolson
- : 0.62
- : June 2004
- : 234mm X 154mm X 38mm
- : United Kingdom
- : books
- : Daniel Burstein
- : Paperback
- : en
- : 813.54
- : 320
- : Illustrations, maps